OLD ROCK STORE
The Old Rock Store, constructed in 1869 using native sandstone and cedar, was originally built for use as a general store. Over the years it has served as as a feed store, a butcher shop and, at one time, housed the Chappell Hill Post Office.
|The Old Rock Store is
available for event rental.
Two folk art wall hangings measuring 30 feet x 6 feet are displayed on the walls. The wall hangings are predominately applique and stitchery and depict the history of Chappell Hill. The wall hangings were created by local women of Chappell Hill beginning in 1971 and completed in 1973.